The 2021-22 Women & Philanthropy Grant Program Overview and Instructions have been released, and proposals are due by Friday, September 24, 2021 at 5 PM. Applications must be submitted through an online webform.
Similar to last year, W&P is requiring that the ERA Funding Proposal number (FP#) be identified in each application, in order to avoid delays at award time.
Below are a few notes and reminders for internal processing of any W&P proposals in ERA –
- W&P proposals must be entered in ERA prior to proposal submission, with the following variances from standard practice:
- No PNT* review is necessary.
- RA’s should select “Yes” to question 8.0 on SmartForm 1.1 Proposal Description & Contacts to process the proposal in ERA as if it were “After-the-Fact (ATF)”.
- Once the PI or RA has submitted the proposal, the RA should run the activity “Forward to PNT” and enter the submission date when forwarding. The proposal will move to the “Submitted” status in ERA, with no GCO** review.
- Note: The RA will need to Generate Department Reviewers and Submit for Department Review in order to Forward to PNT. Approvals do not need to be complete before submission, but must be in place before an award can be set up.
- Women and Philanthropy is the Prime Sponsor and Arizona State University Foundation (ASUF) should be listed as the Direct Sponsor.
- F&A rate: 6% TDC should be applied to proposal budgets in ERA.
- On SmartForm 2 F&A Rate Determination question 4.0, RAs should input 6% as the rate and change the base to TDC. This PDF of the online budget form (which shows the 6% rate) should be uploaded as the Sponsor Published Policy or Rate Sheet attachment.
After submission of W&P proposals via the grant application portal, the internal ERA process should be completed at your earliest opportunity but no later than October 1st to ensure efficient management of these applications. Incomplete ERA FPs will be addressed the following Monday to help meet the needs of the RA Community.
In the 2021-22 W&P Provost Memo sent to the Deans, there is a stipulation that each academic area should submit no more than two proposals for the annual Women & Philanthropy program. This limit should be managed by each unit or college separately, as appropriate.
Note: PNT will not be responsible to review documentation of approval to submit for this limited opportunity.
For questions regarding the 2021-22 Women & Philanthropy Grant Program Overview, please contact: [email protected].
For ERA system questions or issues, please contact [email protected].
*PNT = Proposals and Negotiations Team
**GCO = Grant + Contract Officer