This resource is intended to assist the RA community manage the submission of At-Risk Requests in ERA (see At-Risk Request Process Update post dated 1/14/19). For specific question about the at-risk request process contact:
Lindsey Bosak Lindsey.Bosak@asu.edu
Kimberly Habiger Kimberly.Habiger@asu.edu
Samantha Munguia firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific questions regarding ERA contact ERA@asu.edu
Access & Roles
The updated at-risk request process requires submission of the At-Risk Form in ERA. What kind of access do I need?
Pre-Award At-Risk Requests are submitted in ERA via the Funding Proposal (FP). To submit a pre-award at-risk request, users will need 1) RA Role in ERA and 2)be listed as the RA Owner of the Funding Proposal (FP) site for which the at-risk request is being submitted.
Post-Award At-Risk Requests are submitted in ERA via the Funding Award. To submit a post-award at-risk request, users will need one of the two applicable roles: the RA Role in ERA OR View Only Role in ERA.
How do I request ERA roles?
Monitoring At-Risk Request Process
Will I receive any email notifications about the status of my at-risk request?
Yes. Units will receive notifications in the event of the following actions:
- PNT GCO runs “Approved for At-Risk Activation” action in the Funding Proposal status (for 1st Pre-Award At-Risk requests only) – ERA will send Funded Proposal Notification email to: PI and all RA contacts listed for the proposal’s lead financial unit.
- PNT GCO approves 2nd/3rd pre-award at-risk or any post-award at-risk request – PNT GCO will send an email notification to at-risk request submitter.
- PNT GCO forwards approved at-risk request to AMT for activation – PNT GCO will send Activation Task Request Email to email@example.com with CC to unit contact that submitted the at-risk request
- AMT GCO completes 1st Pre-Award At-Risk activation – ERA will send a New Award Activation Notification to: Public inbox listed for the award’s lead financial unit OR if there is no public inbox for the award’s lead financial unit, the notification will be sent to all RA contacts listed for that unit.
- AMT GCO completes 2nd/3rd Pre-Award At-Risk or any Post-Award At-Risk Activation – ERA will send an Award Modification Activation Notification to: Public inbox listed for the award’s lead financial unit OR if there is no public inbox for the award’s lead financial unit, the notification will be sent to all RA contacts listed for that unit.
How can I monitor the progress of my pre-award at-risk request?
To monitor the review and approval status of a pre-award at-risk request, the submit will need to monitor the listed Current State of the Funding proposal in ERA. Once a pre-award at-risk request is approved, the Funding Proposal state will display Approved for At-Risk Activation.
To monitor the activation status of an approved pre-award at-risk request:
1. In the Funding Proposal site, scroll down to the Funding Awards section and access the associated Funding Award site by clicking on the award link located under the Name column:
2. From the Funding Award, you can see the Award’s activation status under the Current State section located on the left side of the screen:
3. For more detailed information about the activation status of the Award, navigate to the Tasks tab located along the top of the screen:
4. In the Tasks tab you will be able to see who is assigned to the task and other helpful activation task information:
How can I monitor the progress of my post-award at-risk request?
To monitor the review and approval status of a post-award at-risk request:
1. From the Funding Award site in ERA, navigate to the Tasks tab located along the top of the screen:
2. In the Tasks tab you will be able to see who is assigned to the task as well as the task status:
ERA Quick Reminders
What is the difference between a Funding Proposal and a Funding Award?
A Funding Proposal is the site and ERA workspace where research administrators and the Proposal and Negotiation Team process proposal activities and information (includes internal forms, departmental reviews, proposal budget and proposal package). Funding Proposals will have a unique identifier in the following format: FPXXXXXXXX.
The Funding Award is the site ERA workspace the Award Management Team uses to process award related activities including creating awards, accounts and processing award modifications. Funding Awards will have a unique identifier in the following format: AWDXXXXXXXX. In ERA, all awarded Funding Proposals will be linked to a Funding Award.
How do I change the RA owner of a Funding Proposal?
- From the Funding Proposal site, click on the Assign RA Ownership icon listed under My Current Actions:
2. A new window will open and will default the New RA Owner as the person who ran the Assign RA Ownership action:
3. If the person running the action needs is the one who should be listed as the New RA Owner, click OK.
4. If you are running the action on behalf of someone else, click on the browse button to search and select the New RA Owner:
5. If the correct New RA Owner is now displayed, click OK.
Other Important Considerations
Using this activity in the Funding Award should be limited to the submission of a post-award at-risk request. This action should not be used to communicate with the AMT GCO or submit any additional award change requests. Units are advised that running this action creates a public, permanent record on the Award. When running this activity units should verify that any information/comments included with a post-award at-risk request are relevant, concise and accurate.