In an effort to ensure consistency with the “Disclosure Requirements and Standardization” section outlined in NSPM-33, the Department of Energy (DOE) released a Financial Assistance Letter (FAL) on June 1, 2022 to update their current and pending support disclosure requirements. Per the FAL, the updated disclosure requirements apply to all DOE and NNSA (National Nuclear Security Administration) “funding opportunity announcements (FOAs), financial assistance agreements resulting from those FOAs, and financial assistance agreements resulting from unsolicited proposals”. Financial assistance agreements with Tribal Nations or financial assistance agreements that exclusively fund conferences, workshops and technical meetings are excluded.
Some of the updates to the current and pending disclosure requirements are listed below:
- Timeline in which support must be disclosed
- Within 30 days of new personnel joining the award
- Within 30 days of changes to previously submitted support
- Timeline of how far back a DOE/NNSA program office may require disclosure of past support (5 years), which would be requested in the FOA
- Each current and pending support disclosure must be signed and dated by the PI and include a specific certification statement, found in the FAL at the Resources section below
Please visit the links below to view the specific updated requirements.