ERA was recently updated with the following enhancements of interest to the RA Community:
Additional Unit Contact Groups
Previously, ERA only had one field for Unit Contacts where pre-award and post-award contacts were listed together. In an effort to increase visibility to investigators and to Research Operations, RAs will now have the option to add unit contacts for Pre-Award, Post-Award and After-the-Fact Reporting. Each contact group will be used as follows:
- Pre-Award Research Administrators: Contacts in this group will be listed on Who Can Help Me. ERA email notifications regarding specific Funding Proposals will continue to be sent to the listed RA Owner. The Proposals & Negotiation Team may also use this information for follow-ups and request for additional information regarding proposals and agreements.
- Post-Award Research Administrators: Contacts in this group will be listed on Who Can Help Me and will receive ERA email notifications regarding award activations and modifications (unless a public inbox is listed for that unit). The Award Management Team will also use this information for follow-ups and requests for additional information regarding award activations, modifications and post-period expense verification.
- After-the-Fact Reporting: Contacts in this group will be listed on Who Can Help Me, will receive email notifications regarding ATF Review Reports and will gain access to ATF Review reports for their assigned units. The Fiscal Oversight Team will also use this information for follow-ups and requests for additional information regarding ATF Review Reports.
New Unit Administrator Role in ERA
A “Unit Administrator Role” has been created in ERA to allow each Department and/or College to Edit the following fields for their units:
- Workday Cost Center
- Unit Public Email Address
- FP Approvers
- Cost Share Approvers
- Pre-Award Research Administrators
- Post-Award Research Administrators
- After The Fact Reporting
Each department/college will be allowed to designate up to two ERA Unit Administrators. The unit administrator role should be requested for high level managers (Assistant Director or RAM). The High Level Manager should then designate/identify a secondary Unit Administrator to be granted the role in ERA.
You can request the Unit Administrator Role for your unit by emailing ERA@asu.edu.
Once the role request has been processed, Unit Administrators will receive a guide on how to navigate the Master Store and how to make updates to their unit information in ERA.