The KE Forecasting Tool (FT) is now live!
The Forecasting Tool (FT) has been developed for use by unit staff to accurately project the availability of funding on grant, program, and gift accounts as well as be able to save the calculations for later reference. Capabilities of the FT include:
- Provides Summary Budget vs Actuals and Forecast for all accounts
- Provides Detailed Budget vs Actuals by ledger account
- Current employees can be forecasted using their exact pay and ERE rates pulled by the tool
- Automatically updates F&A, ERE, and tuition rates based on forecast dates
- ERE and Tuition is automatically calculated in an employee forecast
- Detects over-allocations
- Automatically creates PI-friendly workbook and email to PI with illustrative graph
For any questions that are not answered by the provided training resources, users should contact a FT Departmental Liaison in their area/college.
To become a FT Departmental Liaison for your area/unit, contact RAhelp@asu.edu.
Note: While the FT is a recommended tool for financial planning, Workday remains ASU’s official system of record for financial transactions. Additionally, use of the FT does not replace the monthly audit readiness reconciliation tool that is currently available in Workday.