After June 30, 2018 p-card holders will no longer be able to allocate p-card charges between grant and non-grant accounts within PaymentNet. Consequently, grant p-card purchases should be made with a grant p-card to avoid the need for cost transfers. For those departments who do not want to request a unique p-card for each grant but do want the ability to use the PaymentNet allocation functionality, users will be given the option to request a departmental grant p-card. This will allow departments to make grant p-card purchases on a single card and then use the PaymentNet functionality to allocate charges across grant accounts prior to posting in Workday.
The departmental grant p-card will be associated with a dummy grant in Workday. The dummy grant will have a GRT prefix, will not exist in ERA and will not have a budget. It will simply serve as a mechanism to allow departments to request a departmental grant p-card. All (100%) of the charges to this departmental grant p-card must be allocated to grant accounts within PaymentNet as incurred. Departments will be required to provide a RID program as a guarantee account for the GRT dummy grant account. Any charges to the departmental grant p-card which have not been allocated within PaymentNet by Workday month-end close will be automatically transferred from the GRT dummy grant to the designated RID program.
GRT dummy grant accounts will be activated by the OKED Workday Grant Administration team. Transfer of unallocated departmental grant p-card charges will be auto-transferred monthly by Financial Services. A Workday request form will be developed to request setup of a GRT dummy grant. In the meantime, departments who wish to request a GRT dummy grant should submit a ticket in Service Now (view Service Now instructions here) which will be routed to the Workday Grants Administration team. The request should contain the following data elements:
- Grant Name – use PCard Grant as a prefix in your dummy grant name;
- Grant Hierarchy – designate the grant hierarchy to which the dummy grant should be attached. Please note that Grant PCard Allocators will be able to allocate departmental grant p-cardcharges to all grants attached to the designated grant hierarchy; i.e. charges can be allocated toany grant account attached below the designated grant hierarchy node;
- Activity – use Activity worktag A1101 General Department Research/IIA/RID;
- Fund – use FD3003 Sponsored PCard Clearing;
- Cost Center;
- RID program – designate the RID program to which unallocated charges should be transferred.
For questions regarding this change, please contact Michele Wrapp (Michele.Wrapp@asu.edu) or Sarah Kern (Sarah.Kern@asu.edu)