With the help of our FMS Support Team, those with the Grant Manager Role in Workday are now able to view F&A Rate and F&A Exception Rates detailed data in Workday. Please follow the below steps to view this information:
View F&A Rate Agreement Details from Award Search
1.Search for an Award in Workday
2.Select the Award Line Search Results
3. Select Award Lines>Award Lines
4. Locate the Grant Number you would like to review and select it:
5. Select the Action Dots next to the “Rate Agreement” field
6. Once the Action Dots are selected, a pop-up widow will appear. This will provide details on the dates the rates are affective based on type. This is helpful when reconciling F&A as F&A is assessed based on the Budget Date associated with the expense. To confirm the expense is being charged at the correct rate, the user can navigate here to confirm:
View F&A Exception Rate Details
We know a grant is not being charged the standard DHHS Rate Agreement based off of the Award Line reflecting there is an exception rate attached. The below example reflects a rate of 16% and reflects there is an exception rate attached under the exception section. This is an exception rate. The same steps listed above can be followed to view the rate history for exception Rates:
To view details of which expenses are to be charged at the 25% rate, perform the following steps to locate those details:
1. Search the task name in Workday of “View Facilities and Administration Exception”
a. In the Facilities and Admin Exception Box, type the Grant Number (exception rates have a 1 to 1 ratio in Workday; therefore, no duplicates will be visible) and select OK
2. The rate indicates all expenses that fall under MTDC will be charged at 16%
Please Note: there are some exception rates that apply to specific expenses. Meaning, all other expense will be charged F&A at 0% except specific object classes. Those that fall under that object class will be charged a certain percentage. The below example reflects 0% being charged on all expenses, except those classified as Fringe Benefits and Salaries and wages. Those are being charged at 25%. This information is visible when following the above steps to view F&A Rate Exception details.
Please reach out to the Grant Administration Team if you have questions/ concerns.