The Award Change Request activity in ERA is now live and available to the RA Community. As units start using this functionality in ERA, we wanted to share some additional information on processing Investigator Allocation Changes.
- Investigator allocation changes are an entirely internal process to ASU.
- Submitting an Award Change Request for an Investigator Allocation Change will only make changes to allocations. To request changes to Senior/Key Personnel, the unit will need to process a separate Award Change Request and select the modification type “Personnel”.
- Submitting an Award Change Request for an Investigator Allocation Change will only make changes to allocations. To request changes to the award’s lead financial unit, the unit will need to process a separate Award Change Request and select the modification type “Other Changes”.
- Award Change Requests for Investigator Allocation Changes do not route to AMT for review/approval. Instead, IACs will automatically update investigator allocations on an award once all PI and Department Reviews are complete.
- KNOWN SYSTEM ISSUE: When processing an Investigator Allocation Change, the Award’s Lead Financial Unit listed on the Allocations page might default to the initiator’s home unit. Units are urged to verify that the displayed Lead Financial Unit matches the award and update as necessary. The ERA Team is currently working on solving this issue.
Using the ERA Award Change Request for Investigator Allocation Changes
- Confirm any steps needed in Key Personnel Changes have been completed and, where necessary; approved by sponsor
- Follow these steps to access the Award Change Request SmartForm in ERA.
- Following the in-line help text, complete Fields 1-5 of the first page of the Award Change Request SmartForm.
- In the Allocations Table, verify that the Lead Financial Unit listed matches the Lead Financial of the Award. If the Lead Financial Unit does not match, update as appropriate.
- Click on the “Add” button located on the upper right side of your screen to add a new allocation period.
- Under the new allocation period, enter the effective date of the change as the Start Date.
- Under the previous allocation period, enter the day before the effective date as the End Date.
- To add additional personnel to the allocation table, click on the “Add” button located on the lower left side of your screen.
- Enter the updated REC/RID/IIA allocations under the new allocation period.
- Hit Finish.
NOTE: Currently, users are not able to delete a person from the allocations table. If a person will no longer be receiving allocations, update the individual’s REC/RID/IIA allocations to 0%.