Additional FAQs added below, 5/1/2019, 5/21/2019
Research Advancement Staff with additional questions can contact RAHelp@asu.edu
Original Message, 4/11/2019 –
The information below is meant primarily for Research Advancement staff. If you have programmatic or technical questions, please email email@example.com
As more information is released from the MacArthur Foundation, this page will be updated
The MacArthur Foundation 100&Change is, “a competition for a $100 million grant to fund a single proposal that promises real and measurable progress in solving a critical problem of our time. To find out more, please visit the MacArthur Foundation 100&Change website or the 100&change program website. The competition is launching in April 2019 and proposals will be due in August. The submission of the proposal is through the MacArthur foundation portal.
More information about the details of the project organization and details on what can be funded can be found in the organizational readiness tool.
If you would like to sign up for notifications, there is a form you can complete here.
Frequently Asked Questions – 4/11/2019
- Is ASU eligible to apply?
- Yes, but applications will be submitted with ASU Foundation as the applicant
- Should proposals be entered into ERA:
- Yes, proposals should be entered as pre-proposals in ERA. It is best practice to build a detailed budget, which can be done using the template function in ERA.
- Can we submit collaborative applications?
- Yes, but one institution must be the lead applicant. The lead applicant and partner organization will need to have a fully executed MOU as part of the application. Note that single person LLCs, government entities, and individual are not eligible.
- What if I generate IP as a product of the grant?
- Information about IP has not yet been released for this year’s competition. (5/1/2019 – see updates below)
- Can human subjects be a part of the proposal?
- Information about human subjects has not yet been released for this year’s competition. (5/1/2019 – see updates below)
- Can indirect costs be charged to the budget?
- Information about IDC has not yet been released for this year’s competition, but for the last round it was limited to 15% TDC. (5/1/2019 – see updates below)
Frequently Asked Questions – 5/1/2019
7. Has MacArthur Foundation released rules for this competition?
8. What is the indirect costs rate limit?
– Indirect costs are limited to 15% total direct costs (TDC).
9. What information is needed for the application?
– Details of the required information for the application can be found here.
10. What is the timeline for this competition?
– MacArthur foundation has released this timeline, with an application deadline of Tuesday, August 6th at 9am (AZ Time).
11. Is there an institutional log in for the sponsor portal?
– No, each team must have their own personal log in for the MacArthur 100&Change portal. The deadline for registering in the portal is Tuesday, July 16th at 9am (AZ Time). Only those who have registered before that time may submit an application.
Frequently Asked Questions – 5/21/2019
12. For the last cycle of MacArthur 100&Change proposals, ORSPA had an MOU template. Will that be available again?
– Yes, ORPSA has drafted 2 templates. One for when ASU is leading the proposal (complete with signature) (ASU MOU) and one for when ASU is a collaborative partner (ASU as Collaborator MOU).