The Grant Administration team met with several departments and were informed report enhancements were needed for grant reconciliation reports. Based on this feedback, we collaborated with FMS Support to deliver new reports and enhancements:
- New Report – Sponsored Grant, Gifts, and Programs Reconciliation Report
- New Report – Grants Salary, ERE, and Tuition Expenses Reconciliation Report
- Enhancement – ASU – Procurement Card Transaction Verification Lines Report.
All reports are available in Production now. To learn more about each report please see below.
Sponsored Grant, Gifts, and Programs Reconciliation Report
The Sponsored Grant, Gifts, and Programs Reconciliation Report is based off the Detailed Revenue and Expense report and has been streamlined specifically for reconciliations. Some new features include supporting attachments being added to the output (attachments that live in other systems, such as Concur or iLab, are not present). Salaries and ERE Journals along with negative totals have been removed from the output, but the prompts will allow for these to be reviewed if unselected. Zero dollar totals are excluded automatically as best practice:
The report has also been configured to exclude and include the below ledgers and ledger types based on information received from RAs. Again, these can be viewed by changing the selections:
Lastly, this report was built primarily for Grant Reconciliation, but Programs and Gifts can be reconciled using this report. The user would need to make the necessary adjustments to the ledger prompts to gain the correct output.
Grants Salary, ERE, and Tuition Expenses Reconciliation Report
The Grants Salary, ERE, and Tuition Expenses Reconciliation Report will allow for the review of Salary, ERE, and Tuition expenses applied to a grant along with an overall total. The report prompts allow for the user to specify a specified accounting date range and the option to search based on a specific worker, grant, grant hierarchy, cost center, or award. The output resembles the below:
Users will also have the option to drill into any of the total fields to gain further detail about the specified expense:
ASU – Procurement Card Transaction Verification Lines Report
The changes made to the ASU – Procurement Card Transaction Verification Lines report are outlined below:
- Attachments have been added to the report output. This will eliminate or reduce the need of drilling into the PCARD to review the supporting documentation supplied by the PI or departmental staff.
- The prompts for running this report have been updated to include the option to search by the PCARD Verification Number. This was added as there may be cases in which RAs may need to refer back to specific PCARD transactions after running the initial report. If the PCARD Verification number has been retained, RAs will be able to get back to those transactions quickly.
Please try using these new and improved reports and let the Grant Administration team know if there are any concerns. Thank you.