Update, 12/14/2022 – NIH will require the use of FORMS-H for applications beginning January 25, 2023. Forms-H is now available in ERA, so RA’s will have the ability to submit system-to-system for the January 25th deadline and beyond.
A note on NIH’s updated Data Management and Sharing policy as it relates to budget preparation- when using Forms H RR Budget to include Data Management and Sharing Costs, it must be included as a single line item in other direct costs. Currently, RAs will need to go into the RR budget form and ensure any DMS costs are listed on their own, separate line in Section F, Other Direct costs.
More on the DMS policy can be found at NIH’s 2023 Data Management and Sharing Policy | Research Operations News (asu.edu).
October 13, 2022 – In late October, NIH will release FORMS-H application packages and FORMS-H application instructions in the How to Apply – Application Guide. NIH will begin requiring the use of FORMS-H for all applications due on or after January 25, 2023. Be sure to use the correct application package based on the due date.
Please note that Huron, the entity that designed and supports the product that ASU’s ERA system is built on, will then need to develop an updated version of the SF424 for system-to-system (S2S) use and the ASU developers will need additional time to test and deploy the updates in ERA. We will keep the ASU community updated on the timeline for this. We anticipate that FORMS-H will be implemented in ERA by December 2022, in advance of the NIH effective date (1/25/23). This means that most NIH proposals due on or after January 25 should be able to go out System-to-System (S2S). See ERA SF424 Guide for instructions.
- PHS 398 Modular Budget – Added instructions for applications submitted a Data Management and Sharing Plan
- PHS 398 Research Plan – Added new attachment field “11. Other Plan(s)” to allow attachment of the NIH Data Management and Sharing Plan
- PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental Form – Added new attachment field “17. Other Plan(s)” to allow attachment of the NIH Data Management and Sharing Plan
- PHS 398 Research Training Program Plan – Added new attachment field “13. Other Plan(s)” to allow potential for future use
- PHS 398 Fellowship Supplemental Form – Added new attachment field “17. Other Plan(s)” to allow potential for future use
- R&R Budget Form – Added instructions for applications submitted a Data Management and Sharing Plan
- Do I Have the Right Forms for My Application?
- Gearing Up for Transition to FORMS-H Application Forms
- New NIH “FORMS-H” Grant Application Forms and Instructions Coming for Due Dates on or after January 25, 2023
- High-level Grant Application Form Change Summary: FORMS-H
- FORMS-H: Instructions, Forms, and a Handy Checklist.
- Federal Sponsor Portal Registration Job Aid
- Preparing Your Application Using ASSIST
- ASSIST Training
- Workspace Overview – Grants.gov Workspace