NSF’s Research.gov Proposal Preparation and Submission Site has been enhanced to allow additional flexible options for PDF uploads. These include:
- Support for PDFs generated from LaTeX source documents in addition to existing support for PDFs from Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Open Office for document compliance checks
- Support for fonts and font sizes:
- Arial (not Arial Narrow), Courier New, Palatino, Palatino Linotype, or Helvetica at a font size of 10 points or larger;
- Times New Roman at a font size of 10 points or larger; or
- Computer Modern family of fonts at a font size of 10 points or larger.
- Other fonts not specified above, such as Cambria Math, may be used for mathematical formulas, equations, or when inserting Greek letters or special characters.
Note: While some of the above font sizes differ from the guidance provided in the Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG), proposals following the on-screen guidance in Research.gov will not be prevented from submission.
Links & Resources