The Fulton Schools of Engineering have made great strides in encouraging their faculty to be early adopters of the SciENcv biosketch tool. They’ve shared the following issue and workaround for submitting SciENcv biosketches to NSF:
- The SciENcv tool adds a signature to the document, which locks it from being edited and placing the compliant pagination.
- NSF has confirmed that the feature is not ready yet. The pagination requirement is not going away; therefore, the digital signature will be fixed at some point.
- The SciENcv tool should still be encouraged and utilized, and RAs can take the following steps to prepare SciENcv biosketches for submission via NSF’s system:
- Open the file and print to PDF
- Add footer on new document