ERA now has the option to choose FORMS-F or FORMS-E when setting up an NIH proposal for System-to-System (S2S) submission on FP SmartForm 1.4.1 Funding Opportunity Announcement. FORMS-F is not fully functional in ASU’s ERA system at this time. An update will be sent via Research Operations News when FORMS-F are ready for testing and/or full use.
NIH has announced (NOT-OD-20-026) that FORMS-F will replace the currently required FORMS-E. FORMS-F are required for applications for due dates on or after May 25, 2020. FORMS-E must still be used for applications with due dates on or before May 24th, 2020. The main changes include:
- Addition of section for Human Fetal Tissue
- Requires HFT Compliance Assurance and HFT Sample IRB Consent Form
- Added attachment called “Description of Candidate’s Contribution of Program Goals” for Career Development Award Supplemental Form and PHS Fellowship Supplemental Form
- Requires answer and explanation for question, “Does any of the proposed research in the application involve human specimens and/or data?”
- Separated “Inclusion of Women, Minorities, and Children” into 2 attachments: “Inclusion of Individuals Across the Lifespan” and “Inclusion of Women and Minorities”
- Removed “Brief Summary” attachment
- Added question: “Is this an applicable clinical trial under FDAAA?”
- Removed fields: Do Not Assign to Awarding Components and Do Not Assign to Study Sections
- Added “Rationale for assignment suggestions” text box
NOTE: If you were working in grants.gov or ASSIST with a faculty member on proposals due in February/March, who has now decided to submit for the next deadline cycle, be sure to restart the application process over to ensure the correct forms are being used.