Updates – 9/10/2018
- We have learned that a 2018-19 W&P Provost Memo was sent to the Deans, with a stipulation that each academic area should submit no more than two proposals for the annual Women & Philanthropy program. This limit should be managed by each unit or college separately, as appropriate. For questions, please contact ASUF Women & Philanthropy Office.
Note: the Proposals & Negotiations Team (PNT) will is not be responsible to review documentation of approval to submit for this limited opportunity.
- After submission of W&P proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org, the internal ERA process should be completed at your earliest opportunity but no later than September 21, 2018 to ensure efficient management of these applications. Incomplete ERA FPs will be addressed the following Monday to help meet the needs of the RA Community.
Original Message – 08/24/2018
The 2018-19 Women & Philanthropy Grant Application has been released, and proposals are due by Friday, September 14th. Below are a few notes and reminders for internal processing of any W&P proposals –
- Women & Philanthropy (W&P) proposals should be entered in ERA at proposal time, with the following variances from standard practice:
- No PNT* review is necessary.
- RA’s should select “Yes” to question 8.0 on SmartForm 1.1 Proposal Description & Contacts to process the proposal in ERA as if it were “After-the-Fact (ATF)”.
- Once the PI or RA has submitted the proposal to email@example.com, the RA should run the activity “Forward to PNT” and enter the submission date when forwarding. The proposal will move to the “Submitted…” status in ERA, with no GCO** review.
- Note: The RA will need to Generate Department Reviewers and Submit for Department Review in order to Forward to PNT. Approvals do not need to be complete before submission, but must be in place before an award can be set up.
- Women and Philanthropy is the Prime Sponsor and Arizona State University Foundation (ASUF) should be listed as the Direct Sponsor.
- F&A rate: 6% TDC should be applied to proposal budgets in ERA.
- On SmartForm 2 F&A Rate Determination question 4.0, RAs should input 6% as the rate and change the base to TDC. The W&P Budget Form (which shows the 6% rate) should be uploaded as the Sponsor Published Policy or Rate Sheet attachment.
For general questions, please contact RAhelp@asu.edu (or the ASUF Women & Philanthropy Office).
For assistance or questions related to the ERA system, please contact ERA@asu.edu.
*PNT = Proposals and Negotiations Team
**GCO = Grant + Contract Officer