Based on feedback received from multiple Departmental Staff as well as the Award Management Team Staff, there have been several updates made to a few of our newest Grant Reports in Workday. Please see the details below:
Sponsored Grant, Gifts, and Programs Reconciliation Report
The following updates were made to the Sponsored Grant, Gifts, and Programs Reconciliation Report:
- To aid in quarterly reconciliation, the year and period fields have been added to this report.
- The Supplier Name associated with Supplier Invoices have been added to the report
- Purchase Order Number and Requisition Number have been added
- Journal Line Attachments has been replaced with the following fields:
- Operational Attachments: reflects attachments for operational transactions (i.e. ISDs, Supplier Invoices, etc.)
- Non-Operational Attachments: reflects attachments for manual journals (i.e. journals created using the ASU Department Initiated Journal Source)
- Related Operational Attachments (Purchase Order): reflects attachments linked to the purchase order
- Related Operational Attachments (Requisitions): reflects attachments linked to the requisition.
- Originator and Created By fields have been added to aid in determining who created the journal and who approved it.
Please Note: Integration Journals will not reflect an “Approved By” person.
Prompt Fields have been updated to include the following:
- Year is now listed prior to the Period for consistency purposes.
- Ledger is now available in the prompt section but is defaulted to Actuals. The user may change this field to see Pre-Encumbrances and Encumbrances as needed.
- Created By and Originator prompt fields have been added for search flexibility.
Please Note: The grant total field has been removed from the report during migration from our Sandbox Tenant to Production. A request has been made to add the Grand Total back into the report and should be fulfilled within the next few days.
Sponsored Payments and Expense Summary Report changes
The following changes have been made to the Sponsored Payments and Expense Summary Report:
- Additional Journal sources have been added to the Manual Payments column to ensure all payments applied directly to a grant are reflected appropriately.
- The logic for the previous date field of (Invoice/Refund Date (on or before)) was not configured correctly causing incorrect outputs. To correct this, we created two date fields: Invoice Payment Date (on or before) and Refund Payment Date (on or before). These fields will default to the current date but can be changed if the user would like to review the amount of payments or refunds posted to the award for a prior timeframe. The Period Prompt is still available and will default to the current period.
Please Note: All figures outside of the Invoice and Refund amounts will default to the period date entered. Again, the Invoice and Refund amounts are based on the Invoice Payment Date and Refund Payment Date fields. If one or both of those fields are changed, and the period is left as the default, the amount of payments and/ or refunds will be the only fields affected.
- We found the cash balance amount was including Program Income and Cost Share accounts. This has been removed from the logic of the report as that section is based on sponsored payments. Program Income and Cost Share are not funded by the Sponsor Directly.
- Budget and Expense amounts were not changing based on the Period selected. This has been corrected.
Please re-familiarize yourselves with the reports and reach out to the grant administration team for questions or concerns.