FY24 Committee Member Roles & Responsibilities
Updates and improvements are being made to ASU’s research administration change management process. On July 1, 2023, a new Change Management Committee (CMC) will replace the current Change Management Board (CMB) as part of this process refresh, which will entail the addition of additional and new committee members to help execute changes, increased visibility for the change management process, and broadened communication throughout the RA Community. The CMC’s mission will be to review, discuss, and vote on requested research administration process changes and to ensure all approved changes are implemented.
The CMC will be overseen by Committee Co-Chairs and Facilitator(s), to be appointed by Knowledge Enterprise (KE) leadership. Voting Committee Members and Specialized Committee Roles will be filled through a nomination and election process.
Complete and submit the FY24 CMC Nomination Form by March 13, 2023.
FY24 CMC Roles
- The Committee Co-Chairs are responsible for: defining goals and priorities for the committee, overseeing committee structure and processes, making final decisions regarding meeting agendas and Research Operations resource assigned to projects, and coordinating higher levels of leadership and stakeholder approval, when necessary. May oversee and support specific committee positions, as assigned (e.g., pre-award, post-award, or unit specific).
Appointed FY24 Co-Chairs: Nicholas Petersen and Jessica Robins.
- Committee Facilitator(s): Assist and support Committee Co-Chairs with responsibilities listed above. Planning and scheduling all committee meetings to maximize available time; dissemination of material to the committee whenever needed to keep members informed; overall management of committee processes and logistics – including follow-through for implementation and evaluation of committee projects and initiatives. May oversee and support specific committee positions, as assigned (e.g., Communications Lead, Committee Secretary). May develop, implement, and manage a Quality Plan for committee activities.
Appointed FY24 Facilitators: Bris Mueller and Valerie Keim.
- Voting Committee Member (elected position): Voting Members will be nominated and elected to represent their college or an assigned group of ASU units – see list below. Voting Members will have the option of accepting either a 1-year term or a 2-year term and will enter a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with KE Research Operations (counter-signed by the individual’s supervisor), outlining responsibilities, commitments, length of term, and resources. Voting Members will attend committee meetings, gather input from and disseminate information to colleagues in their College or Group, vote on items brought before the committee, take the lead on assigned items and initiatives, and participate in working groups.
College and Unit Voting Member Positions:
- KE Financial Services (Post-Award)
- KE Research Advancement (Pre-Award)
- Engineering Pre-Award
- Engineering Post-Award
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (The College) Pre-Award
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (The College) Post-Award
- Maroon* Group Pre-Award
- Maroon* Group Post-Award
- Gold** Group Pre-Award
- Gold** Group Post-Award
*Maroon Group (100-155 proposals per year; 60-150 active awards): CHS, WATTS, MLFTC, EDSON
**Gold Group (15-60 proposals per year; 25-55 active awards): HIDA, LAW/McCain, NCIAS, WPC, CRONKITE, CISA, EOSS, etc.
For staff from units with fewer than 15 proposals per year and/or fewer than 25 active awards, please reach out to [email protected] if you are interested in being involved in CMC.
- Specialized Committee Roles (Open to RA Community members from any ASU Unit):
- The Communications Lead will be responsible for formal dissemination of Committee activities (e.g., CMC Newsletter, CMC updates and requests put out via MS Teams, etc.) The Communications Lead may also assist with crafting or editing content for change implementations (e.g., announcements, reminders, instructions, etc.) and may have a role in ensuring that all impacted resources are updated when a change is implemented.
- The Committee Secretary will track meeting attendance, take meeting minutes, and record votes and results for each item that the committee votes on. The Secretary will send meeting minutes to the Communications Lead for reformatting and dissemination to the RA community, as appropriate.
- Knowledge Enterprise (KE)
- KE Financial Services = KE Service and Recharge Centers Finance, KE Initiatives Finance, Biodesign Institute Finance, Global Futures Finance, etc.
- Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering (Engineering)
- The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (The College)
- College of Health Solutions (CHS)
- Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions (WATTS)
- Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College (MLFTC)
- Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation (EDSON)
- Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts (HIDA)
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law (LAW)
- McCain Institute for International Leadership (McCain)
- New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (NCIAS)
- WP Carey School of Business (WPC)
- Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication (CRONKITE)
- College of Integrative Sciences and Arts (CISA)
- Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS)